Week Five: Waiting for the Weekend

I'm looking forward to my first long road race for this year! The Striders Classic 10miler will be a test to see how well my training has held up since January and give me a little aderaline rush in week 5 for my marathon training. I know that I'm probably pushing my training for this marathon, but I really wanted to get Striders and Riverbank races in again for this year. I'll probably be taking it down a notch after the Riverbank and get more on track for my marathon training. Last week went pretty well with a 12 miler on Saturday. Weather has been cooperating fairly well and it looks like it will in the high 50's, low 60's for Saturday's race. My aspirations for this race is to do better than last year. My PR for this race is 1:07:54, so hopefully I can run under that (shooting for 6:30 to 6:40 pace). I'll want to run fast so I can hurry home, take a nap, and wait for Zach to get here. It will be nice to run with him while he is in Holland. Can't wait!

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.