Week 17: OH the Heat!

Week 17 into my marathon training and have been dreading going outside in this humidity and heat waves. The last two days have cooled down tremendously and have made running a little more tolerable. Next week, I only have 7 more weeks of training until the big day! I'm getting pretty antsy for this marathon because I'm afraid my knee won't take that much more hardcore training. Today for my long run I went out to Riley Trails and was only able to run about 4 miles there because of a combination of the hills, mosquito's, and boringness. Decided to head out and run out to Lakeshore Drive which provided a much more entertaining run and seemed to help my knee a little bit better than the trails.

Been feeling extremely sleepy this last week. I'm not sure if I'm getting sick or if this is associated with my running. I'm going to try to attempt to get more sleep this week, but I'm guessing since Zach will now be in GR; that might not happen.

Also want to get back on track with my eating habits. In the busy-ness of life, I haven't had the time or made the time to cook like I used to. It is crazy how different people eat. I can't help but notice the people around me and the choices they make. Whether this be co-workers, people I see at Meijer, friends, or family, I'm intrigued to what they think about when it comes to the food the are putting in their bodies. I really think that most Americans don't give a shit about their "diets" and prefer the lazy solution of quick and easy food. I wonder about addictions and what food people become "addicted" too. I know I fine myself craving foods like french fries, chicken tenders, and any type of baked good more often than I should be eating these. Makes me wonder what is truly in our food and why we get these urges to go out and buy these things when I could just grab an apple and call it good.....

Enough rambling! I need to get ready to head into GR to help Zach unpack once he gets into town!!! YAY!

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.