Week 12: Waking up early to run; am I an adult now?

I'm throughly impressed with myself this week...getting my run done before work and before anyone in their right mind would want to get out of their cozy beds. Since it was a lighter mileage week, I didn't do anything over 5.5, except for my long run.

Just did 10 miles down South Shore with Kristen and Sarah on Saturday morning. Incredibly nice to get long runs done that early in the day; leaving the rest of the day open for errands, reading, cooking, and being lazy.

The IT band is getting progressly worse, so I scheduled a sports massage for this coming Thursday. It makes running the first two miles of any run really uncomfortable and tight. I'm hoping that he'll be able to work all the kinks out. Since I am running the Brian Diemer this Saturday I want to be at the top of my game. I would love to run anything under 19:30, but I'm not sure of what I'm capable of right now. Top 10 recieve money, but looking at last year's time, I'd probably have to run under 19 minutes. haha I haven't been training for a 5k, so I'll be happy with anything in the 19's or 20's.

This week, I'll be at my peak mileage, so I'll be busy doing some long runs in my spare time. It will be interesting to see how I respond to a 50-55 mileage week...

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.